Job Posting: French Language Center Director
L’Alliance Française de Milwaukee, an independent non-profit chapter of the international Alliance Française, seeks a French Language Center Director. The successful candidate will offer skills, mission commitment, and creativity pivotal to strengthening the Alliance Française and its mission to promote, share and enjoy the culture, language and friendship of the French-speaking world.On a given day, you may be: meeting with students, coordinating class details with teachers, collaborating with other Alliance Française chapters, planning upcoming session of classes, and communicating with our IT specialist and webmaster. Excellent communication and attention to detail are vital in this role, as our success depends on meeting (and exceeding) our students’ expectations. You will work collaboratively with our entire team. This is a 30-hour per week position based in Milwaukee, WI.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide the best customer experience by being a reliable presence and doing the administrative tasks for our French Learning Center.
- Respond in a timely manner to current and potential student requests and questions by phone, email, in-person, and on social media.
- Continually recruit students for in-person and virtual classes, private lessons, workshops, and summer camps.
- Continually recruit, train, manage, and support a diverse team of 10 to 20 French teachers for our year-round French Language Center.
- Foster student-teacher communication including class placement, evaluations, and pedagogical counseling.
- Manage teachers’ schedules, payroll, and classrooms – for in-person and virtual classes, private lessons, workshops, summer camps, and DELF testing.
- Enter registrations and payments in our database, and keep detailed financial tracking of FLC performance.
- Set up and assist teachers and students with the technology necessary for our classes. We currently use Zoom and Apolearn (a learning management system).
- Organize and promote courses, workshops, and summer camps with brochures, flyers, social media, and at Alliance Française and outreach events.
- Handle all French Language Center logistics including textbooks, digital access, classroom supplies, and other things.
- Be an integral part of our Alliance Française team and assist with other tasks as needed.
What You’ll Need:
- Passion and dedication to the Alliance Française de Milwaukee and its missionto promote, share, and enjoy the culture, language, and friendship of the French-speaking world.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in French and English.
- Experience in teaching French.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to manage a diverse team of 10-20 teachers and an intern.
- The team-player mentality, integrity, and flexibility necessary in a nonprofit organization.
- Initiative, creativity, and an action-oriented, can-do mentality – you are willing to iterate quickly to keep driving forward.
- Familiarity with the tools we use: MS Office Suite, Zoom, Excel, and Outlook, as well as with the CEFRL (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or similar language scales.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.DELF-certified examiner a plus.
- You must have the right to work in the U.S.
- 30-hour per week salaried position starting prior to August 1, 2022, working primarily at the Alliance Française de Milwaukee office. Can be increased to full-time if able to teach several classes per week.
- Position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Salary: $25,000 - $30,000, commensurate with experience and ability to teach.
- Four weeks paid vacation - 2 weeks scheduled holidays, 2 weeks elective vacation.